Sunday, October 18, 2009

More Women's Escape Photos


I've put most of my photos on a web album from the Whittington event. If you want to see them click here - makes me wish I was back there shooting steel! This picture is of me shooting the PS90 rifle...I call it the Picasso gun.

Busy week here. Wednesday was choir practice of course and Thursday morning I went back to PT. Mike (my PT) worked on the source of my lower back and leg pains and said it's the sciatic nerve that is causing much of that pain. He gave me a great exercise for that and I have hardly any pain anymore. It involved raising my leg at the same time I raise my head up (starting with head lowered) and then lowering both the head and leg. Next I get to add patting my stomach and rubbing my head or vice versa!! (Just joking). Evidently it moves the nerve so that it is out of the way of the source of contact that is causing the pain. OK - so that doesn't explain it too well but I only care that it works. Whenever I have the pain, I just sit down and do 5-10 leg lifts and the pain is diminished. I have cut back to nearly no Aleve or Tylenol where I was taking Aleve 2-3 times a day along with Tylenol. I manage to sleep thru almost all the night and the few times I have woken up due to the pain, I just sit on the side of the bed and do some "flossing", as it is called. Can't wait to go back to see him Monday morning and tell him how much it is helping. Today both bell choirs played in church and I got thru the rehearsals and church service with very little problem. YahoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see..what else. The weather today is fabulous.about 78-80 F..blue skies, warm breeze so all the windows are open and the house is getting that warm, summery feeling again. Cool at night but no hard freeze yet. Glorious day! This picture is of the hills at Whittington just starting to get their color. Aspens are still yellow but a lot of them here have lost their leaves. I'm planning on ordering 3 sugar maple trees to plant in the yard...won't they be wonderful when they turn bright red in the fall.

Gene has gone over to a neighborhood nearby that also has residents who have lost their water/wells. They will be included in out water association - he's taking GPS readings and gathering info for our reports and use with grant applications. Then he's going to go and borrow a Rototiller from one of the neighbors and work the garden bed that is mine. Not sure what I'm planing yet, but should get some tulip/daffodil/etc bulbs in soon. And peonies too...

Enjoy the pictures!!!

No comments: