Monday, October 12, 2009

How Did I Ever Have Time to Work??


Being retired is tiring... busy busy since last week. Friday I headed off to Portales with Ann and Karyl and had a great time...got home around 7:30 Saturday night. Let me tell you, there is a lot of "nothing" between here and Portales and when you get there, you can nearly see Texas!! But it was fun and the quilt show was nice. I met a lot of Ann and Karyl's friends and attended several demos and classes. We arrived in Portales later than we thought we would so had to decide between eating lunch or attending a class at 1:00....we all voted for lunch. I was impressed with Karyl's quick change of lanes to get into a neat little restaurant that had "killer" quesadillas. We did enjoy the show and the ride over and back was fun even though there is a lot of "nothing". But the Caprock was great.

If you want to see pictures from it check it out High Plains Quilters.

Sunday the choir sang (I'm attending First United Presbyterian here in Las Vegas) and then when I got home I took a nap.

Today, Monday, I finally got to the physical therapist to start work on my knees.... or fixing my knees...or whatever. He's a really great guy and pretty much ignored the knee problems and worked on finding out what else was/is out of alignment with my body (no comments!!) He said my ankles were sort of locked up so he "released" them with some stretches and pressure and then worked on my hips - one is higher than the other and then my back was a bit out of alignment too. Actually, I think most everything is. But I have to admit I felt "looser" (I know you are all laughing at the moment but hey, this could be you!!) and left thinking that maybe he knows something the docs have never bothered to check. I went to PT in Seattle a couple of times and none of them did anything but read the docs report and just gave me exercises for my back and/or knees. Never bothered to see if there were other causes than the arthritis in them. So I have a couple of exercises to do and will go back to him every Monday and Thursday morning for a few weeks. (As long as our health insurance will allow). All the movements he did to the bones etc were very slow and easy and just helped move things back into place.

After getting home from the PT, Gene and Levi and I went to buy some trees. Yes, yes, we have trees here but Gene wanted some deciduous trees so off we went to Agua Fria Nursery in Santa Fe where we got a honey locust, a Gambel oak, and a Mountain Ash. Then took off for Las Lunas, south of Albuquerque, to Trees that Please. What a great place. They grow all their own stock and we found Texas red oaks and something else I can't remember. And then we came home. Gene will plant them in the next day or so and we'll hope they grow. Fun day but tiring. Gorgeous weather..about 75 and not a cloud in the NM blue sky... postcard picture day and I forgot my camera.

So I'm tired from being retired... guess I'll go take a little nap... wow, it's nearly 8:30 so it's about time to go to bed!

1 comment:

Gene and Linda said...

Posting comments is not working like I think it should but try clicking on the time and it might work.. stupid blogger software.