
Well, Friday morning will be here soon and I'm still not packed for my trip to Portales with Karyl and Ann. We're heading east for a quilt show..just staying overnight but that does mean I need to finish unpacking from the last trek and get a few things into a smaller suitcase for the quilt trek. I don't think this is a really big show but it'll be fun to see - my first quilt show since moving here to NM. Gene and Levi are staying home...another "girls road trip".
I have my "pot quilt" ready to hang..wanted to get it done today but Gene spent most of the afternoon and early evening at a water committee meeting in town so will have to wait till I get back on Saturday to hang the "masterpiece".
Will try not to succumb to the vendors at the show - heaven knows I don't need a thing for quilting..maybe a fat quarter or two! http://www.highplainsquilts.com/vendor.html
We'll see. I read that they are having a silent auction for quilts..must stay away from that. Also heard that there was going to be an appraiser there..wish I had known sooner as I'd like to get my Venice lace tablecloth appraised and could have found out if they could do that. Might just take it along in case. It was given to us when we were in Venice, Italy in 2001 by our friend, Orietta, who is a native Venetian. Her great-aunt made it years ago and she gave it to us as a gift. What a treasure.
OK, better get to sleep so I can pack and be ready at 9 a.m. Will take my camera and share photos of the quilts when I get back.
1 comment:
you can post a comment, I think, by clicking on the date..not sure why comments don't work correctly.
Post a Comment