
Well, Gene left for Seattle tonight to work on getting our house there ready for rental. We drove to Albuquerque this afternoon with our friends, Karyl and Pat.
We stopped at Southwest Decoratives quilt shop to leave the pot quilt there for quilting. Picked a really neat coral backing fabric that is the same color coral as is in the sashing blocks on the front of the quilt. I won't get it back for about 2 months but that's ok.
Dropped off our rental car and then they drove us to the airport. Plans were to have dinner at this neat restaurant at the ABQ airport but when we got there...the restaurant was gone!! All that was available outside of security was a sandwich shop - so we ate there. It actually was very good...especially the strawberry smoothies. We sat there until about 6 when Gene decided he'd better head to the plane. I hated to see him go and got out the Kleenex. Then Karyl and Pat and I drove back to Las Vegas. They are loaning me one of their cars to drive until mine gets here with Gene in a couple of weeks. I just can't find the words to express how wonderful those folks are. Levi was very glad to see me come home...this is the longest time he's been alone since we arrived. At least it was still light when we got home. Tonight will be a big test to see how we manage without Gene. It's terribly lonesome already. Gene really didn't want to go back to SEA but we have to get the house taken care of. So I'll be trying to keep busy here - I have enough boxes to open and things to organize!! Monday we get our land line phone and DirecTV so that'll be nice.
The sunset tonight was spectacular...purple, orange, blue - just incredible - the light here is so incredibly beautiful... I know why artists love New Mexico. I'm hoping to get out and about in the next few days with my camera and update my photos.
Well, off to bed now and hoprefully to sleep. New adventures await.
No comments:
Post a Comment