
Oh boy.... they finally have the computer up and working...wireless in the wilderness!! And I've taken over to write my side of the story! What's a handsome white terrier to do but observe and be patient until it's his time. You know, I know we've arrived in Las Vegas but so far I have not seen one naked dancing lady or any bleary-eyed gamblers around here... they said LV was glitzy and has lots of lights all nite long...well, not around here... they took me to New Mexico, not Nevada...boy, I thought it was going to be fun city! It's ok so far but the city is not glitzy - it's very quiet out here in the country.
So, the trucker arrived on Wednesday at our Seattle house and took all the stuff my mom and dad had put into boxes and bins and tucked it away in a BIG BLUE TRUCK! Wow, lots of stuff...lots and lots of stuff. I was told to stay out of the way. It was a very stressful day for me...and for them. I was so tired but we couldn't leave until the trucker did...nearly 11:00 PM...and then we got to go and stay overnight with my Auntie Jean and Uncle Howard in Issaquah. My Auntie Jean is undergoing chemo for breast cancer and mom really hated to have to leave as she and Auntie Jean are such good friends. But at least we got to see J&H and Katie before we left. Wonder why my Mom was crying when we left in the morning.!
Then we went over the mountains in the daylight and stopped to see some cactus gardens in Yakima.... wonder why they made me stay out of the gardens...I had to tippy-toe around on the walkways... after lunch (I had to stay in the car) we headed out into the Blue Mountains and towards Oregon/Idaho. Oh dear, we had major car trouble and I got to ride in the cab of a BIG tow truck that took my mom's car to La Grande OR. We had to leave it there. Uncle Rich, in Boise, sent 2 of his nephews to pick us up and drive us to Boise to spend the night. I got to ride in another back seat...between Mom and Dad who at this point we so tired they slept most of the way even though the kids were playing rock music. We got to Uncle Rich's about midnight...and got up early the next day, rented a car at the Boise airport and off we went. Now this car I liked...a Nissan XTerra...big SUV with so much room for me in the backseat!! They finally figured out I needed more room to suit my station in life!! I am Magnificent! That night we stayed in a real hotel and I was treated like a special guest. Even had a special place to poop and potty outside! I love Holiday Inn. So on Saturday we drove some more and finally about 4:30 p.m. arrived in Las Vegas. I guess they missed the turn off for the Vegas Strip...becasue we ended up at Ojitos Frios Ranches (our new home) and stayed over night with Auntie Karyl and Uncle Pat and my new bestest friend, Roadie the Cocker Spaniel.... Oh did we have fun playing and I didn't have to sit in anymore back seats.
Sunday morning, bright and early, the BIG BLUE TRUCK showed up with all our stuff....I was glad to see it arrive...the men unloading it were very nice to me and I stayed out of the way. That night we all got to sleep in our own bed (yes, I let them sleep with me in the big bed).
Monday they went into town to the post office to sign up for a mailbox and to the real estate office to say hello to Auntie Marylena and to Wal-Mart, and had breakfast at Charlie's Spic and Span Cafe where "everyone" eats breakfast and discusses politics or something. I stayed home by myself. And I'm not telling them how scared I was.. but they came home.
Today my mom and dad have been busy...dad's planted zucchini and tomatoes and mom has made 3 trips into town to get a new monitor and the right cords for our computer. Then a nice guy came over and hooked us up to the internet! Boy, are my mom and dad happy...And now they are ignoring me...but I'll show them....I get to post to the blog!!
We are slowly opening boxes and trying to find things...still looking for silverware...mom said something about breaking out the silverplate since she can't find the stainless... we have nice sunshine all day long...even though we had a big rainstorm on Sunday afternoon and hail...wow, that's something I'll have to get used to.
Mom keeps saying the God has put angels to watch over us all this trip and given us earthly beings to help us when we needed it. I think she's right.
So, "they" want the computer now and I have to get off of it. Hmmm, this is fun...I'll be back.
Levi the Magnificent New Mexico Terrier!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment