Thursday, December 17, 2009

Summer is Here

It seemed like summer again today...most of the snow is gone and the temp was around 60 degrees...good day to get our vitamin D.


Been busy this last week. Gene and his new helper are making a room in the garage for his framing/matting shop and also reloading. They have literally built this room and insulated it, put up sheetrock, made a wall with an opening for a real door (which Gene found left in the garage when we moved in) and today the electricians put new lights in there. Now he has to get it taped and painted and all that finishing stuff.

Mark and Ramon were here for several hours today to try to figure out some of the wiring/lighting challenges in this house. They've fixed quite a few problems and found out what some of the switches turn on. We now have the two fans/lights in the great room working correctly and on Monday when they return they'll finsih up the rest and get the outside lights fixed along with hanging the fan in my sewing room. I heard talk of another circuit being put in for all of Gene's outlets in the garage...guy stuff! These electricians are the best and really fun to have around.

Went to Santa Fe yesterday - gorgeous day for a drive - had to get His Highness some food (Levi) and it's the only place I can find it. Plus did a Target trip and Lowe's also. Finally decided on Toasted Apricot for the master bath... sort of a brownish peach color...Very southwest. Now to find time to slap that on. May not get done till after the holidays. I love the drive to Santa Fe but the drive coming home is even nicer...just gorgeous hills and mesas and when you are coming north as the sun is going down the mountains are purple and the sunsets are blue and pink and purple and orange. What a country!!

David and Carol arrive on Monday from Mobile and it looks like the weather will be good. Maybe a little snow around Christmas but that's "iffy". Promised David I'd make potica... why'd I do that!! Am having trouble finding the toast I need for it...oh well, I'll figure out something. Roadie arrives on MOnday also until the 30th. He's the cocker spaniel who lives down the lane. His folks are going to Washington DC and Dublin, Ireland for the holidays. Should be another adventure with he and Levi.

We took a little walk late this afternoon down into our acreage to see if we could find a tree to chop for a Christmas tree but all we found was places for Levi to get muddy! We'll buy a tree in town I guess. All of ours are either pinon or juniper or cypress and not really the "style" we want. Not sure what happened to our artificial one that we've had for years...must have donated it in Seattle!

When we got back from our walk, someone's four little paws were filthy....brown mud all over them...so we put him up on the picnic table and dunked his paws, one at a time, into a bowl of water and washed him off. Oh my he was so proud of those muddy paws. He's got a grooming appt on Tuesday but this couldn't wait.

Gee, I'm tired just thinking about all we've done today....also went to two grocery stores and the health food store and the post office this morning. I need a nap!!

No comments: