
This is becoming a snowy week...actually, not becoming, it is!! First it snowed the day after Thanksgiving, then it sort of melted and last night it started snowing again. This morning we woke up to a soft, fluffy, sparkling snowfall that has coated the trees and ground and made it feel more like the holiday season! I did ask Gene why we moved here..where there is snow! and Cold!! He said it's better than moss! I guess so...
I had to go into town at 7:30 for my PT appointment and got to drive (yippee) over the river and thru the woods...well, over the freeway and across the snowy mesa. Roads were covered with snow and icy underneath but no big deal if you drove slowly and kept your mind working. Of course there are always those yahoos who think that 4-wheel drive means you can drive as fast as you want and your car will stop when you want it to do so. Not me...I drove at a safe speed and stayed off the freeway where the 18-wheelers were blowing snow all over. Took the frontage road (aka the scenic route) and got into town with no problem. And lo and behold, the plows were out already in town and the main street was nearly clear. After PT, I stopped at Lowes for groceries (no, not that Lowe's, the grocery store Lowe's) and everyone was in such a good mood! Guess they must figure it'll melt soon...and it should since the temps are forecasted to go up into the 40-50 range by Saturday. Got home safely and took a few pictures along the way of the old windmill down the road and a neighbors adobe gate.
We are now happily in our nice warm house - Gene is studying for his final exam on Monday and I'm working on a quilt. Levi is running around in the snow!
Here're a few pictures from today...you can watch the show right on the blog but if you want larger pictures, just click on the photo and you'll go to the album. Levi and I went for a little walk-about this afternoon in the sun - that dog would stay out all day if we let him. Loves the snow. I had all I could do to keep hold of his leash, walk in the 6-8" of snow, and take pictures without falling flat on my face in the snow! Maybe I need snowshoes...hopefully we won't have that much snow this year. But today would be an absolutely wonderful day to go cross-country skiing..the snow is light and fluffy and sparkling like the angels dusted us with diamonds!!
No comments:
Post a Comment