Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weather Report

Well, it did not snow or rain here today but it's COLD!! and windy!! When I came out of church this morning, I realized I should have worn a coat instead of a blouse and shawl....accckkkkk... The sky was blue on the west and gray on the east...big big gray cloud hanging over the city and it looked like snow out our way. But it just passed us by and then was sunny and windy and now is gray and windy. Supposedly today is our only change for precip between now and after Thanksgiving. Sunny, in the 50's and cold nights. I think it's a 3-dog night....and since we only have one of them, we will add another blanket on the bed and turn on the furnace.

Gene came home from a neighborhood association meeting this afternoon with news that Millie is a mother.... who's Millie? Well, she's a dog that belongs to one of the neighbors and every once in awhile shows up to visit us. Terrier mix of some sort.... She just had pups.... Gene said they are darling...probably a spaniel for the father...no one really knows. How tempting to take one of them.... but we're not really up for a puppy right now...I don't think. Although I would like to go and see them....everyone loves puppy breath!!

Long ago, in a former life, I used to be the organist at the church I grew up in...way north in Minnesota. Well, the church I'm going to down here has a pipe organ that no one plays. So I'm going to go in one of these days and see if my fingers can still read music!! The organ is being tuned tomorrow so after that I'll have to take some music and see how it goes. We have two folks who are organists but don't really want to play the organ...they prefer piano so several others are urging me to "get with it". Many folks want to hear the organ so I'll see what I can do. Hopefully it'll be like getting back on a bike - and remembering how to pedal (no pun intended if there are any organists reading this!!).... should be interesting. Doubt I'll ever get to the point I could play the Widor "Toccata" but at least I could play hymns. We'll see...stay tuned (pun intended).

Off to watch the Vikings and Lions! Go Brett!!!


"This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before."
-- Leonard Bernstein

No comments: