What a difference a day makes..or a few days around here. Last week we had snow, the last few days have been around 70 degrees - sunshine - nice breeze. Warm enough to sit on the deck in the sun and drink iced tea.Gene is working on getting my garden ready for planting - he borrowed a rototiller from one of the neighbors and tilled what he thought was awful soil this morning and it turned out to be soft and lovely and he and Parish will be adding compost
to it this afternoon and soon I'll be able to plant. This fall will get bulbs in and maybe some raspberry canes... not sure what I am still able to plant but whatever...the garden spot is in full sun and it'll be fun to see what I can make of it. I am going to put peonies in but those won't be available until spring - rhubarb will go into a corner.Our friends, Sheila and Bob, arrived yesterday early afternoon on their way from their summer lake home in Wisconsin on the way to their winter home in Surprise AZ. Sheila and I lived in the same cul de sac in Eden Prairie and are quilting buddies. We used to call each other up and say "come see the fabric I just bought" or "help, I need advice". We were known to spread out quilts out on the ground in the driveway and admire them. Sometimes this involved running back and forth between houses in our jammies!! Those were the days before Bob and Gene showed up in our lives. Anyway, we had a great time catching up on their adventures and even though their visit was very short (they left before 7 this morning) it was great to see them. They have been "on the road" for 8 days and can't wait to get home to PHX tonight.
Today I get the honor of directing the beginning bell choir at church as our director has gone to Albuquerque and won't be back in time. Like I know anything about directing!! Oh well, we can get the bells out and practice as best we can. I told Karyl she'll never know if we just set up the bells and then sit and talk for an hour. !!
Sunshine and blue skies and the seed catalog are calling!! Oh yeah, this is a trailer full of compost and the bags are full of chicken poop!! That'll go into the compost pile. One of our neighbors brought it over last night. Some neighbors bring cherry pie, others bring chicken poop!!
No comments:
Post a Comment