Now the cold tablets and Kleenex are necessary as I have been sneezing all day and blowing my runny nose. Of all times to get a cold. Oh well, I'm heading to bed early tonight with all the drugs I can think of taking at one time and hoping for a good nights sleep so I'll feel better in the morning.
Photos? not of the sleeping bag etc right now...nope, I got the photos matted and framed today for the camera club show that starts Oct 4th. Have to deliver them to another member as I may not be back in time to help hang the show. The title of the show is: "Eclectic Images from the Meadow City Camera Club". I just joined the group and am really taking a leap out of my comfort zone to do this. The show will be at the Las Vegas Arts Council gallery and will hang for about a month. There are some really great photographers in the group and it's been fun to join them.
I'm entering the Levi picture (July 2009 Las Vegas), one of the windows at Church in the Rock in Helsinki (July 2007) , and one of a nun at the Danilovsky Monastery in Moscow (may 2008). Two are black and white and the Levi photo is in color. Had to write an "artists statement".. very brief and hard to write and then a description of each photo along with a name. Names are the hardest things to come up with. They are "Proud to Be an American", A Little Light Music", and "Orthodox Nun?". But overall, I'm pleased with how they look.

Off to bed now with my drugs..under a down blanket ..with my faithful dog . Gene has decided to sleep in the guest room so he doesn't catch my cold. Me thinks he's the one who had it first.
Will try to post from Whittington but don't know how much time I'll have to do so - they do have WIFI out there in the wilderness but it's not available all day. What am I getting myself into? Guess I should have pondered that before I signed up. It'll be fun and I look forward to meeting the other 49 women who are off on this adventure too.
No comments:
Post a Comment