Started out with nearly catching a gecko..in fact, I think I had him but my dad yelled at me and made me spit it out....wow, I was so close to swallowing it - but, no, I had to let it live...hey, I just wanted to play with it...I'm a terrier for Pete's sake !! We were outside on MY porch and he was in MY space, so I felt the need to show him who's boss! Dang...I saw another one today while out walking with my Mom...that one ran away as soon as it saw me...maybe my reputation is getting around the place.... Be aware of the white terrierist!!!
Last night my Dad took me outside to P2 (poop and potty if you have to know) and I nearly got a toad!! Stupid thing was coming off the grass onto the sidewalk as we were heading for my favorite P2 spot. I saw him before my Dad did and wow, did I let out my best blood-curdling bark!! You should hear me when I see wildlife... No wonder I haven't seen the coyote again!! Anyway, I digress. This ugly toad came slowly hopping out and I went for it. My Dad managed to push it out of the way but boy did I scare that ugly thing. But you know, I don't think I would have like it anyway...slimy skin. Yuck!!
And today SNAKE!!! Mom was walking me around the yard and we came down the back walk and I saw a pile of grass that had fallen off the lawnmower... so of course, I had to sniff it and see what it was. And this slithering creature came out of there and went across the sidewalk in front of my Mom. She said a nasty word...or screamed...or something... Maybe it was just "aaaaaaaaaaaeeeiiiiiiiiiiiii".... but I was proud of her..At least she didn't run...which is good because I was hooked to the leash and would have had to follow her. I wanted to run after the snake but Mom managed to stop me. When will these humans let me do what terriers do and kill vermin! Now, if it had been a bull or rattlesnake, I can understand the yelling and all but a little old garter snake..it was actually sort of pretty but still slithery (is that a word?).So that's my hunting report from this week...actually really just from the last two days... I'm disappointed not to get some exotic protein for my dinner/lunch/breakfast/snacks/supper. Guess I should be glad they think Sweet Potato and Venison kibble is exotic enough for me. Well, they may think so but I'm opting to continue hunting here on Casa Levi.
No comments:
Post a Comment