Waiting for my dad to come home... he promised he'd be here on Saturday.... yippeeee...he's homeYeah, my dad is home...this is Levi again... I managed to distract my mom and grab the mouse...she's unpacking more boxes..my dad came home and brought more stuff. Right now mom is on the hunt for her recipe box. She's really worried that it is lost. All her family recipes and some non-family recipes..years of collecting. Oh boy...she better find it or we're going to starve. Nah, she never gives me much of what she cooks anyway. No, I get the stuff that is in the bag... right now I'm "on" venison and sweet potato. I think I might like some spaghetti and meatballs instead...
So, my dad came home yesterday. That's a picture of the hat he was wearing. My mom bought him one just like it on their honeymoon 18 years ago and he lost it so she replaced it and he "lost" it again but found it and had it fixed in Seattle. There were two little "diamonds" on it but he took them off. The man doesn't like "bling". But the hat is cool. He drove mom's "new" car and it works great he says. It was fun to run out and greet him when he drove up the lane... well, I say "run out" but you know how they keep me on a leash so I didn't really get to "run" but I did greet him with tail wagging and barking! I think he was glad to see us. He said he wasn't tired but it wasn't long before he laid down and slept for awhile.Today we had company...the people who built our house came over. They never lived in it after they built it as they had another house to live in.... anyway, they came over and saw the house and Leonard helped dad with some electrical things and then the two of them disappeared under the house.... next thing I know my mom is dragging me across the back yard to see the water that was coming out of the spigots in the back yard wall....people were happy...I guess Leonard and my dad figured out how to get that water turned on. Next plan is to see if the rest of the spigots can be opened and water will flow....dad is hoping the one in the dahlia/tomato/zucchini garden will work. Did you know we are saving water when it rains in big white buckets? Also there are bugs and beetles floating around in those buckets... oops, again I digress.
So we are all here in New Mexico now. Mom is happy I'm happy dad is happy....
Mom joined the community chorale last week. She came home really excited about the director and the other singers and the music they are rehearsing. Something about a "Haydn" mass...not sure what that means to a dog but she liked it. I guess it's going to be sung this fall and some symphony orchestra from Santa Fe is going to be part of the concert. I just know this means a lot to her - she sure does love that wierd classical music. Even leaves it on for me to listen to when she leaves me alone at home. Never do get to hear hard rock or heavy metal or rap! Oh well, I'm just the dog.
So, now I have to go and potty....oops, that's not nice. I should say I have to go outside to do my business. It's the same thing!! Dad needs to mow the lawn soon as the grass tickles when I tinkle.
No comments:
Post a Comment