
So we got DirecTV hooked up on Monday along with our land line phone. But I'm trying to figure out why we pay for 200 channels when there isn't much on there worth watching. It's nice having "voices" in the house, besides me talking to myself and the dog (who talks to himself too I think), while Gene is gone, but really...there is so much junk on tv! I did get to watch The Bachelorette on Monday night...my one reality (or unreality) show....but I've been looking for baseball games and been reduced to watching either the Yankees or the Diamondbacks...aaaaaarghhhh. Guess we could pay for MLB channel and get every game... nah! Anyway, the guys that came to install phone and tv were very nice and did a great job. Really worked and it was hot that day.
Kitchen boxes are all emptied - won't say the kitchen is organized but the microwave works and I have dishes...even found the silverware finally. Spreading peanut butter with the end of a plastic fork reminds me of the olden days camping in the BWCA! Was planning on putting the etagere together but some of the little support "thingys" for the shelves are missing so that means a trip into town to see if I can find any that match. And the "thingys" for the shelf in my kitchen cart are also gone... oh well, Gene will fix it when he gets back.
He's in Seattle working on the house. They have all the rooms, except for a couple of walls in the downstairs kitchen, painted. Today I think he is painting the rest of the deck and doing other things. Says he's going to quit working tonight at 8 pm - I told him he could quit sooner if he wants. The rental agent brought over the contract yesterday that we need to look over and if all goes as planned, the house will go on the market July 1st. It'll be a great day when we get tenants. Weather report from Seattle is cloudy and windy and gray....here it is about 65 with sunny morning skies, a few little fluffy clouds and a nice cool breeze...course that'll change this afternoon when it gets hotter. But I'm getting used to that bright yellow ball in the sky... it's called sun, I think! :)
Levi is learning about rabbitts and lizards - fun to chase but not easy to catch! No more toads around the last few nights...I think they may either have decided not to mess with the big white hairy creature, or else they only come out when it rains. Either way, glad he's not gotten in with one of them.
Had a great time on Tuesday night meeting about 10 of the women from our neighborhood at the monthly Girl's Night Out. One of my new neighbors picked me up on her way to the party - she's also a bell ringer at the church I will be attending - and I got to meet lots of new friends. Everyone was welcoming and friendly and there was much laughing and eating - and a bit of vino passed over our lips too!! Some day I'll have to host the party but not in the next couple of months...not till we're more settled. Carol, who's home we were at, has horses and two wonderful Border Collies...one who will jump up and sit in your lap, when invited (so of course I invited her) and put her front legs around your neck and cuddle in - she is a sweetie and looks just like my very first dog, Shep, who was my companion when I was a little girl. Fun time was had by all - humans and dogs! Of course, Mr Magnificent, was very interested when I came home with the scent of another dog on me!Today is "work on the office and sewing room" day..and take my daily afternoon nap!
P.S. I don't know why the weather gadget isn't working today... trust me, it's sunny and warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment