After the clouds and rain of yesterday, today dawned sunny and cool but proceeded to get up to about 85 degrees this afternoon. But only a few fluffy clouds around. Cool breeze all day. Levi and I sat on the deck in the shade...well, I sat and he chased butterflies and lizards. Didn't catch one but it was fun to watch him having fun. He knows where the lizards go when they run out of his way and checks there too (under the deck).
Spent the day sleeping late, emptying more boxes and going to my favorite Wally Mart..for cordless phones. Monday is the big day - new phones and DirecTV being installed. We'll be back in the world!! I'm nearly done emptying boxes in the kitchen but now have to find some place to store the china and crystal that we never use. I know I should use it but for now, it's tucked away into boxes. Was going to get things put into the etagere but am missing the little thingys !! that hold the shelves up. I have 4 of them and need 12..(thingys not shelves) .guess that means another trip to Hacienda..the local builder's supply/hardware store.
I'd really like to start organizing my sewing room...opened a few boxes today and fondled the fabric (only the quilter folks among you will understand how great that is!!).. and found the wall hangings I was missing. One called "Adobe Angels" that I made for this house and another one that my good friend, Mary, made me that has butterflies and desert flowers on it. Yahoo!! All our stuff is here, I'm sure, but where it is is the big question.
These are the buckets we use to catch the rain - will use it for watering the garden. Some day we will put a water catchment system on the ouse - gutters and downspouts that drain the water into barrels. But for now, these will do.Off to bed with my trusty guard dog. Tomorrow is another day!
(You can click on the photos to enlarge them.)
No comments:
Post a Comment