Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Day!!




Yea!! I finished the embroidery on the last block for the "pot" quilt that will hang in the great room of the new house in NM. Now I just need to make 103 blocks for the sashing, put them together and add the borders. OF course, I need to find the right material for that but that's another story. Suffice it to say, the blocks are done...I figure about 10 hours on each one..maybe more...all the applique and then all the embroidery... still want to add some beads and such to them but that will be done after it is quilted.

Weather in Seattle has been cool, snowy, rainy, sunny, windy...you want it? We've got it. Meanwhile, check out the weather report for Las Vegas.... wish we were there now and could sit in the sun and relax.

We are going to take a truckload of things down to the house in April including books, dishes, tools, etc that are heavy but don't take up much room. Will have the movers take the piano me thinks.. we'll see. It'll be an interesting trip. Had to have the propane tank filled today... can't believe that it was low even without us being there and the winter being fairly mild. Oh well...life on the ranchette.

Happy St Patrick's Day and Happy St Urho's Day !!!

No comments: