Monday, January 26, 2009

January is nearly over

Wow, didn't realize I hadn't posted for nearly a month. But there hasn't been much to write here.. so now I guess it's time to update.

The people that were supposed to rent the house backed out as she decided not to take the job in LV. We even had the lease ready for them to sign...oh well. So we've not found anyone else and are pretty resigned to just having it empty till June when we move down there. Which is fine as no one will mess up the place. And in the meantime, they have finished the fireplace bricks, changed all the locks to we only need one key, hung the blinds in the bedrooms (I think) and the electrician is going to fix the fan in the back bathroom. So it'll be in good shape when we arrive.

Gene has so many plans for the house and yard... deck plans are drawn - it'll wrap all around from the front door to the side and then to the back... I'll get my sleeping porch too I think somewhere in those plans. We first have to fence the back yard for Levi and his buddy to play. Want to get a dishwasher installed quickly and would love to change out the electric range for gas but that can wait. Anyway, it's coming...

I made a wall hanging for the house "Adobe Angels" and am now working on the pot quilt for the great room. It's 70 x 90 and has 12 blocks that are representations of Southwest pottery. I have the blocks all appliqued but now need to stitch them all which will be LOTS of work. it's turning out great though and Gene is excited about it.

So that's about it for now. Life is going along and we'll be in NM before we know it.

No comments: