Saturday, October 3, 2009

Women with Guns Rule


Oh my goodness we had a great time!!! I'm exhausted but the NRA Women's Wilderness Escape was unbelievably fun and exciting and rewarding!! New friends and sisters, great food, great guns to shoot....I now have hit a target at a farther distance than my dear husband has...he hehehehehe...his is only 1,000 yards...I hit the white buffalo at 1123 yards and have the cartridge to prove it!! Got home Friday early afternoon after taking the scenic route home past buffalo, antelope, cattle, etc... added a few more pictures to my collection and as soon as I can find some time I will put them up on the web.

This was such a unique experience. I think I've overcome my fear of guns..not really a fear but more of a uneasiness...but the instructors were so great they gave us all confidence and helped us learn so much. Of course safety was the biggest rule but FUN was mandatory. And we had it. Got to shoot blackpowder (cleaning those guns is a pain), pistols, rifles, shotguns (I think my favorite), machine gun, long-range sniper rifle (for that white buffalo) and also had a day of archery too - fun fun fun. The weather was great except for one really windy day and one morning that was so cold the instructors got extra coats and jackets out of their trucks for us...but that day warmed up and we had a ball shooting shotguns.

So I'll add more in the days to come. Spent most of the afternoon today helping hang photos for our camera club exhibit at the Arts Council building and then helping a neighbor with some computer issues. Tomorrow I play with the bell choir at First Pres here in LV for the first time and then we are heading up to Ocate with Karyl and Pat to meet some of their friends. Should be a nice trip up there...the leaves are turning colors now and it's beautiful.

Stay tuned for more adventures of the tribe!!

No comments: