Saturday, June 27, 2009

Levi Takes Over - Again


Yippeeeee.... my mom is watching some esoteric, educational, boring show on PBS about Music and the Brain so I managed to catch the mouse and get back to my memoirs... Today was nice and gray...although right now the sun is shining on the hills across the valley... we thought it was going to rain and it still might do that... I heard thunder and barked. My mom told me to be quiet...well, jeez, I have hardly ever heard thunder in my life in Seattle. And I barked then too! I guess I'm supposed to welcome thunder here as it might bring rain.....

Today my mom left me alone again for a couple of hours...I know she wonders what I do all the time she's gone...I'm not telling... but it is always nice when she comes back. She says my dad is coming home in about 10 days - yeah....he lets me hang out in the garage with him and check out the lizards there... and he says he's going to put up a fence in the back yard so I can run around free and unleashed. I don't think I'll tell him about the interesting holes in the ground I've discovered and started to dig....don't know what's down there but I'm going to find out!!

Mom says she went to church for a Presbytery meeting..evidently that's some sort of big committee that oversees the Presbyterian churches in a specific area.... she got to sing with the choir at the church... something about a Zimbabwean song to start and then a gospel song... she came home more energized than she has been lately so I guess music means a lot to her - must be why she's watching PBS special instead of me tonight. The brain of a musician is different than the brains of non-musicians. The part of the brain that links the two parts of the brain is also different in musicians. People who are musically trained have better coordination skills. Oh well, means nothing to me but I do like when she plays the piano...especially classical stuff - oh and Christmas music too. But I digress!

She also went to a furniture store and they are going to get her the "thingy's" she needs for the etagere so she can put the glass shelves in it and empty the boxes with all the stuff for that. I guess she had a good morning in town. We took a nap this afternoon...

When she let me outside this afternoon, I almost caught a lizard...one of these days I'm going to do that... wonder how they will taste.. maybe yucky - but I'm going to do it!!!!!

Do you like my cute picture of me looking inside from the deck? It's my way of telling her to let me in.... I think I'm so handsome and adorable in this picture.... so I'll leave this computer now and take Mom outside in the sunset...maybe the rabbitts will be out there...

No comments: