
Boy, we are getting closer to moving than we realize.... we've got the contractor remodeling the master bath here and doing some other needed fixes, got the contract from our mover, Gene has sold a bunch of stuff from his collections, he's making a weekly, it seems, trip to the dump with stuff that the garbage guys won't pick up, and it seems like time is creeping ever closer to our leaving. Even our neighbors are planning a going-away party for us. Hard to believe that after 16 years in this house and this wonderful city we'll be leaving. Some days I'm excited...some days - not so much. But it's a new season...just so much to do. If I could only win the lottery we could have the movers pack everything!!! But as Gene says, "You have to buy a ticket to win"...maybe that's my problem.
Gene's been busy sanding and staining the windowsills in our hallway/stairway - they look great with just stain but he still needs to put the final coat of poly on them. We're also replacing 5 closet doors with new louvered ones so he's staining all of them also to match the moldings. Thankfully the weather is perfect for that and he can work on the doors outside before they are hung.
Our tile for the bathroom tub surround is from the Habitat for Humanity Outlet store. What a great place....they sell things that are left over from their home builds and I think contractors can donate things also. Anyway, they have a good selection of tile so that where we went...got Italian porcelain tile 12x12 for about $150 total. Good price for us and they make money for HFH.
Still working on the pot quilt...adding the sashing...hoping to get the top all put together this week so I can put it away until we get to NM and I can take it to the quilt shop in ABQ to be quilted. It's looking awesome!!
Guess I'll buy a lotto ticket tomorrow with my lunch money !!
No comments:
Post a Comment